New Exam Pattern for 10th and 12th board for 2021-2022 complete explanation
The special scheme of Assessment for Board exam of Class X & XII for the session 2021-2022 was released via a circular on July 5, 2021.The scheme divides the academic year 2021-22 into two terms with approximately 50% syllabus in each term.
The syllabus for 2021-22 will be rationalized or reduced, the details of which will be informed by CBSE through its upcoming circulars. As the result of 2021-22 session will be based on both term 1 and term 2, students have to sincerely study for the whole year and preparing only in the last 2-3 months will not be sufficient.
Clarification on Uncertainties
Situation A. If schools are open for both the terms
- Term 1 and Term 2 examinations will be conducted at schools and centers respectively.
- Theory marks will be distributed equally between the two terms.
Situation B. If schools remain closed for 1st term and opens for 2nd term
- Term 1 will be conducted online or offline from home. (MCQs)
- Term 2 will be conducted at centers as per the guidelines issued under the scheme.
- Weightage of Term 1 exam for final score will be reduc4ed and weightage for Term 2 will be increased for declaration of Final result. For now the exact weightage is not decided for both the in this situation.
Situation C. If school opens for Term 1 and Remains close for Term 2
- Exams will be conducted for Term 1 (MCQs) + Internal Assessments will also be taken
- Result will be based on the performance of students in Term 1.
- In case the situation is not conducive for normal descriptive examination, a 90 minute MCQ will be conducted at the end of Term 2 also.
Situation D. If school remains close for both the Terms
- Both the term exams will be conducted in Offline/ online manner from home.
- Result would be computed on the basis of Internal assessment/ practical/ project work and theory marks (i.e. the marks obtained from the exams conducted from home )
Points to be considered
- 1.The syllabus for this session is not reduced till now as per CBSE.
- 2.Internal assessments, practical and project work will have an important role in your final result.
- 3.Schools will continue teaching in distance mode or online mode till the authorities permit offline mode for teaching in schools.